Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Squirrel Time, again...
HELLO EVERYONE, or perhaps I should say hello ANYONE, as not so many people read blogs anymore—or mine anyway... Well I moved back to Minnesota a few months back; I am very glad to come back here to the land of art deco buildings and homes and all the squirrels running up and down all the trees. It is strange though, not really being able to go many places and hang around groups of people anymore. That really has hit me (and quite a few other people) pretty hard, as no doubt everyone is tired of thinking about. Don't worry, that's not what I'm writing about! Right now I just have to take each day as it comes: thinking about the future, or the past, only leads to worry and regret: they don't exist anyway. These are not the things I am about. I do find myself greatly changed in the past 5 years, though. I do hope I move back towards the center of my Self again: that, more than anything else, is what I hope for in the coming year and beyond, should I have a 'future'.
I recall when I was in San Luis Obispo many years ago and had gone to a music store to browse celtic stringed instruments, I heard a beautiful and familiar voice singing to an acoustic guitar. I went over and listened to him till he was done, then I said, 'You might have a future in this.' And I'll never forget his response, 'I don't know about a future, but I've got a past!' and we both laughed.
Somethimes I think laughing at life, 'fate', 'fortune', and the Universe itself is the only (and most powerful) thing we can do: there is this real power to accepting and letting go.
Dream well my friends and laugh, yes always that.
~REIFYN <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment